Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Collected Writings of John Murray - Volume 1: The Claims of Truth

(The most helpful books - no.3)

A good friend bought me this for being best man at his wedding, back in 1986. What a gift! Murray forces you  to think and to think biblically, to reflect and to reflect slowly. Theology, deep and profound, wholesome and compulsive.

In time I bought the other 3 volumes, all very worthwhile, especially volume 2 (longer writings)  but this was the start for me and remains a long-standing favourite. So, thanks Pete!

2 comments:

The Masked Badger said...

Coo! Now I'm impressed!
Gareth gave me his copies, but I only ever have occasionally looked into them when desperately searching for help on something.
Maybe I should take them a bit more seriously!

minternational said...

Most definitely - the sketch of his life by Iain Murray is also worth reading (I think in volume 3).