Wednesday, January 05, 2011

the chrome browser

In the past week or so I've gradually switched from using Firefox as my default web browser onto Google Chrome. I didn't really have an overwhelming reason to do so - I guess it was mostly experimentation. But, having switched, there are a number of things I like, such as the ability to have exactly the same installation on any device I use, without any set-up hassles. It also seems slightly quicker at times.

It has most of the extensions I valued on Firefox (Evernote, Readability, Instapaper). It also has some that are new to me and work really well - for example, I'm using the Cortex extension - a great way to share something to (in my case) Twitter or to save to Instapaper.

If you've not used it, you might like to give it a try.

No comments: